What can you do if you lose your FireStick Remote.
Brady Klinger-Meyers published 19 July 2022
If you fill the stadium with people and ask who has lost their remote first, everyone will raise their hands. All remotes, including the FireStick remote, seem to mount and hide the legs. Asking your kids also doesn’t help because you’ll only hear “I don’t know” or “It wasn’t me.” Thankfully, there are options you can take advantage of if you lost your firestick remote,
What to do if you have lost FireStick Remote?
The good news is that even if you have lost your FireStick remote, there are some backup methods that you can use, as listed below:
- Use your smartphone or tablet
- use an old firestick
- use keyboard and mouse
- use alexa
We will go into more detail about each of these methods here.
Use your smartphone or tablet as a backup
Out of all the methods available, this is by far the best and easiest way to get control of your Firestick. Most of the people carry mobile with them. More importantly, the companion app for FireStick is available on Android and iOS.
- step 1: Install Amazon Fire TV app. It is available for free in Google Play and App Store.
- The file sizes are 40MB and 89MB respectively.
- step 2: Make sure that your FireStick and smart device are connected to the same Wi-Fi, and that the FireStick is turned on.
- step 3: Launch the Amazon Fire TV app. It will automatically scan for your Firestick, so select it when it appears in the list.
- step 4: After selecting your Firestick, your TV will display a 4-digit code. Copy the code into the app, wait for it to connect, and you’re ready to go.
Now, the Amazon Fire TV app works in much the same way as a physical FireStick remote.
Lying about an old FireStick remote? use it!
If you tend to hoard older devices, why not use the previous generation FireStick Remote? It works the same way. In fact, any remote with an HDMI-CEC feature will work just as well. Using an older generation Firestick remote is definitely a better option as non-Firestick remotes will not support certain features.
To use an old FireStick remote, all you have to do is give it a hard reset.
- step 1: On the remote, press and hold the Home, Back, and Left arrow buttons simultaneously.
- step 2: Release the buttons after 10 to 15 seconds.
- step 3: Reboot the Firestick and give the remote a moment to connect.
Control Your FireStick With a Keyboard and Mouse
One method that is a bit more involved is to use the keyboard and mouse to control your FireStick. Wireless and wired devices both work, but wired keyboards and mice present a problem: The FireStick only has one micro USB port.
You can bypass it in one of three ways:
- One device can be wired, the other wireless
- both devices are wireless
- buy a usb splitter
- If you’re considering a USB splitter, keep in mind that unless you can buy another remote, it’s best to control the Firestick with a smartphone or tablet.
Control Your FireStick With Alexa
If you don’t mind talking to Alexa in the slightest, you’re welcome to control the Firestick with an Amazon Echo device. Similar to using your smartphone to navigate the Fire TV, both the Alexa device and the Firestick need to be connected to the same Wi-Fi.
And there you have it: What can you do if you have lost your FireStick Remote, If you have to choose any of the above methods, use a smartphone or tablet. It’s easy, free, and you don’t need anything but a tool most people have anyway. Either way, you won’t miss The Rings of Power when it debuts on Prime Video.