Pre-order the free demo today and it’ll be downloaded automatically before the event!
Ink on Splatlands and get a tenta-licensing taste of the Splatoon™ 3 game’s newly updated Splatfest Battle* with Splatoon 3: SplatFest World Premiere Demo. New to the Splatoon series? No problem! Ditch your nets in a tutorial to learn the basics from August 25th. Then, take a stroll through Splatsville and get ready for Splatfest.
Oh… a quick explanation for our Marine novices. Here are the deets—choose a Splatfest team by answering a burning, age-old question—which is best: Rock, paper, scissors? Make your moves and super jump in the Battle of the Turf War to ink your crew for victory. Wait…there are three teams?! That’s right, Splatfests are a little different this time around.
The 12-hour demo will start on August 27th. From 9AM-3PM PT, level up the turf against one team at a time. Then, from 3PM-9PM PT, take on the brand new Splatfest Tricolor Turf War Battle. This 4v2v2 format brings a new kind of colorful chaos to Splatfests. Which team will get the lead? Team Rock, Team Paper, or Team Scissors? Let others know by posting messages and sharing your loyalty in the class.
You’ll need an internet connection and a Nintendo Switch Online subscription to participate in the Splatoon 3: Splatfest World Premiere demo. By downloading the demo from the Nintendo eShop, you can get a free 7-day trial** for Nintendo Switch Online! If you’re not a current Nintendo Switch Online member, no worries, we’ve got you covered. After you download the demo, you’ll receive an e-mail containing a Nintendo eShop code for a 7-day free trial for Nintendo Switch Online. The 7-day free trial code becomes redeemable when the demo becomes playable on August 25.
To redeem, please enter the code in the Nintendo eShop to activate your free trial. Even if you have activated the previous free trial, you are still eligible for this trial!
- New Splatfest mode during the second part of Splatfest – Tricolor Turf Battle (4v2v2 battle!)
- 26 Weapons! Target the turf with your explosive arrows with the brand new Tri-Stringer, smash with the iconic Splattershot, steam up the competition with the Splat Roller, and more!
- Test Range – Practice using weapons before battle
- Represent your team by sharing messages and art that others can see in the classroom
You can only attend Splatfest during this time period:
- First Half (Splatfest Battle Begins) – 8/27 (Sat) 9:00AM PT – 3:00PM PT
- Second Half (Battle of the Tricolor Turf War Begins) – 8/27 (Sat) 3:00 a.m. PT – 9:00 p.m. PT