Netgear Router Setup Steps
Finding it difficult to set up your Netgear router? Watch out these steps for problem-free Netgear router setup using the smart wizard interface.
- Take an Ethernet cable and connect the modem to your router.
- Ensure to make the cable connections finger-tight.
- Connect your wireless or wired device (you are using for Netgear router installation) to the router.
- Now, power cycle the entire network i.e. modem, router and your device. Power cycling means turn off all the devices and then turn them on after a few minutes.
- Open any of the installed web browsers on your device. You can use any browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge or Apple Safari.
- Enter www.routerlogin.net in the address bar and hit enter key.
- A login window will appear in front of you.
- Type the username and password in the given fields.
- Here, you have to use the default password. In case the default details don’t work, chances are that you might have changed them some day. So try to log in to your router using any other password.
- On the off chance that fails too, contact the experts at 1-877-800-6576 and complete the router login.
- Once you are successfully logged in, the installation wizard will come into view. It will provide you a step-by-step Netgear router setup guide. Click on the next button.
- Wait for some time as the system will configure your Netgear WiFi router. Once done, a congratulations message displays on the screen.
- In case you want to setup your Netgear router with a mobile device, download the Netgear genie app and follow the same procedure.
Still can’t setup Netgear Router? Worry not! Just call us at toll-free 1-877-800-6576 and complete your Netgear router setup with the help of expert technicians.
Netgear Wireless Router Setup: Error 1628
The Netgear error code 1628 indicates that your Netgear router installation has not completed properly. Netgear wireless router setup doesn’t complete unless you change its default settings. So make sure to change the basic and advanced settings of your router. Don’t know how to do so? We have got you covered.
It’s important to change the default settings such as WiFi name and password to secure the network. You can do so by using the Netgear installation assistant. Here are the steps to follow:
- Access any internet browser on your device. Be certain that the device has an active internet connection.
- Use the Netgear router IP to access the web user interface of your router.
- Log in to the Netgear router setup page using the correct credentials.
- Click on the wireless section.
- Input the desired name for your network in the SSID field. It’s recommended that do not use any private data in the network name as it is visible to other users too.
- Next, enter the desired network password in the network key option.
- At last, click on the apply button to save the changes.
From now, you can login to your Netgear router using the new WiFi network name and password. However, if the issue is still there, get immediate help from our experts at 1-877-800-6576.
Netgear Router Installation Issues
So you are done with Netgear router installation! But what’s that? You are unable to go online with your wireless or wired devices. Or lost internet access but was working fine before. Well, let us first tell you that there is nothing to worry about. Just follow the Netgear router troubleshooting steps given below and fix Netgear router not connecting to internet issue:
- Disconnect the router and then reconnect it directly to the modem.
- Now, try accessing the Netgear wireless router setup page.
- In case you can’t access the Netgear router setup page, check the cable connections once.
- If you are using a wired connection, verify the port LED. If it is not lit, shift the cable to a different port on the router.
- For the wireless connection, check whether the wireless adapter’s LED is lit or not.
- On the off chance that all cables are securely connected and LEDs are perfectly visible, power cycle the router.
Still facing the issue? Contact now at 1-877-800-6576 for immediate fix.
- Now, access the login page of your router and run the Netgear WiFi router setup guide.
- It will find out the IP address. In case it discovers a dynamic IP address, move further to the step 11.
- On the other hand, if PPPoE is discovered, reconfigure your router with the help of experts at 1-877-800-6576 and then move to the step 11.
- In the case of static IP, configure your router using the Netgear router IP. Click on the apply button and then move to the step 11.
- Access the online test page by clicking on the test button.
- If the page shows properly, it means you have internet access and the issue is resolved.
But what if the page doesn’t show? Get in touch with the Netgear router experts via the phone at 1-877-800-6576, email at email@example.com or chat and troubleshoot the internet connectivity issues in the least time.