Have you set up your Netgear wireless router successfully but still it is not connecting to the internet? Well, there may be multiple issues involved behind it. However, you don’t have to worry about it as we are here to help you out. From basic to advanced, this post will provide you with all possible solutions to fix Netgear router not connecting to internet issue. Let’s take the plunge.
All our troubleshooting tips will help you out if you are facing one of the below-given issues:
- Connection problems with Netgear router
- WiFi connected but no internet access
- New Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 no internet
- Netgear Genie issues in detecting the internet connection
- WiFi router red light
- Can’t access the internet with Netgear router
- Netgear router AC2600 not connecting to the internet on Windows 7
- Recently lost my internet connection, how to get it back
- Router not connecting to WiFi on Windows 10
- No internet after enabling parental controls on Netgear genie
- Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 no internet
- Can’t access the internet on my Nighthawk router
Identify Netgear Router No Internet Problem
Do not waste your time with unnecessary and useless troubleshooting tips! And for this, you need to first identify the cause of Netgear router not connecting to internet problem. The issue arises in the following scneraios:
- If there is no internet LED light on your router
- Connected to the wireless router but can’t access the internet
- The power LED is red
For quick troubleshooting of these issues, just dial our toll-free number 1-877-800-6576 and get instant solution from our technical experts.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps for Netgear Router Not Connecting to Internet
Upgrade your Netgear wireless router to the latest firmware version. Maybe your router is running on an obsolete firmware which is causing the router connection issue. For complete steps on how to update your router firmware, check out our dedicated page i.e. Netgear Firmware. Else, you can contact the experts at 1-877-800-6576 and let them update your router’s firmware on behalf of you.
Try resetting your WiFi router. For this, follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, restart your Netgear wireless router.
- Now, head over to routerlogin.net page via a web browser.
- After that, click on the Advanced option.
- Finally, hit the reset button to complete soft reset process.
This will refresh all the settings of your WiFi router. Or chances are that your issue is resolved.
If soft reset didn’t fix the issue, try the hard reset process. Here are the steps for that:
- Turn on the router.
- Press and hold the reset button on your router.
- Let the router reboot properly.
Apply this same process to the modem as well. Keep in mind that the hard reset will clear all the customized settings of your router so ensure to note them down prior to resetting. In case of any doubt or query, reach out to our experts via a phone call, email or live chat.
Advanced Troubleshooting Steps for Netgear Router Not Connecting to Internet
Still no internet with Netgear router? Worry not! Just follow these advanced technical troubleshooting steps provided by the experts:
- First and foremost, make sure that you have set up your router successfully by following the exact steps given on our Netgear Router Setup page.
- If all ok with the setup, connect your router to a computer or laptop using an Ethernet cable.
- After that, open a web browser window and enter the router login IP in address bar.
- Enter the login credentials carefully and hit login button.
- On the off chance that you see a PPPoE, configure your router using its user ID and passphrase.
- On the other hand, if there is a static IP address, make sure to configure your Netgear router with its default gateway address, DNS address and IP address.
- In the case of a dynamic IP address, check whether your router is getting internet access or not by clicking on the smart wizard test button.
That’s it! Your Netgear router should now connect to the internet. If not, contact with the expert technicians at toll-free 1-877-800-6576 for quick troubleshooting.