Nowadays, many users report that their Netgear WiFi router not working properly. They are unable to access the internet through their router or they get no WiFi signal at all. If this sounds familiar to you, then you are reading the right blog. Here, you will learn different ways to fix this issue. Let’s get the ball rolling.
You can first start with the basic troubleshooting steps and then proceed further with the advanced ones if the issue still remains. However, in case you want to save yourself from the hassle of these time-consuming troubleshooting steps, just pick up your phone and contact the experts at toll-free 1-877-800-6576. They will fix your Netgear router not working issue within minutes.
Netgear Router Basic Troubleshooting
On the off chance that your Netgear wireless router has quit working, there is no need to rush directly towards the resetting process. Firstly, try the below-given steps and consider to reset your Netgear wireless router as a last resort. Let us tell you that most of the router connectivity problems can be resolved just by doing a simple reboot or power cycle.
Here are the basic troubleshooting steps to fix Netgear wireless router not working problem:
- Restart your modem and then the router. For this, remove the power cable from your router and modem. After that, wait for a few seconds.
- Prior to plug the power cable back in, restart your computer as well.
- Now, wait for some time and check the internet light on your modem as well as router. In case you see this LED light, it means that the modem is working fine and you are receiving internet from your ISP side.
- Thereafter, check the internet light on your router.
Now, try accessing the internet and see if the restart fixed the issue or not. The next step is to test your ISP connection and modem.
Here are the steps to consider while testing your internet connection:
- Connect your PC to the existing modem via a cable.
- Ensure that the wireless router and modem is turned off while making the connections.
Afterward, restart your computer and modem.
- Now, try accessing the internet on your PC. If it is working properly, it indicates that your modem, cable and PC are working absolutely fine.
- In case the internet doesn’t work, contact your ISP or our experts at toll-free 1-877-800-6576 to fix the issue.
So, this was all about the basic troubleshooting. Now, let’s dig a little deeper and try fixing your Netgear problem with the advanced troubleshooting.
Netgear Router Advanced Troubleshooting
Here are the advanced troubleshooting steps to resolve Netgear WiFi router not working problem:
Still getting no internet connectivity with your Netgear router? If yes, then it’s time to go for Netgear router reset process. You can reset your Netgear wireless router using soft reset and hard reset.
- Make a reliable connection between your Netgear router and computer.
- Use routerlogin.net web address and log in to your router.
- Go to the backup settings section.
- After that, click on the factory reset option.
Now, it will take some time to restore the factory default settings. Once done, restart your Netgear router and modem and try to set up your router again with the help of our experts.
If soft reset didn’t work, panic not at all! We have another way to reset your Netgear router i.e. hard reset.
For this, you just need to press the reset button of your Netgear WiFi router. When all lights start blinking together, it means that the resetting has been completed. Now, restart your Netgear wireless router and set it up from scratch using the steps given on our Netgear Router Setup page.
There are possibilities are that your router is running on an outdated firmware. It also results in Netgear router not working issue. So update the firmware on your Netgear router immediately. To update the firmware without any issue, check out our dedicated page – Netgear Firmware.
So these were the troubleshooting steps to fix Netgear WiFi router not working problem. If you experience any sort of difficulty while performing any step, don’t forget to get in touch with our well-versed technicians at toll-free 1-877-800-6576.