The Elder Scrolls Online: High Isle It added more than just a new area to explore – it also introduced Tamriel to Tales of Tribute, a new competitive card game. With an in-depth quest, you’ll be able to challenge other players to a round, making it a fun way to take breaks between dungeon runs.
Tales of Tribute is an easy game to learn, although you’ll need to complete a very specific quest to gain access to the new content. Here’s what you need to know about unlocking Tales of Tribute ESO And how to play the innovative card game.
ESO. Unfolding Tales of Tribute in
Before you can start playing Tales of Tribute, you must first unlock it. Thankfully, the quest that unlocks the game also serves as a tutorial. Here’s how to get started.
step 1: Head to Gonfalon Bay in High Isle.
step 2: Once in town, look for the southernmost building. This is the Gonfalon Gaming Hall.
step 3: Head to the Gonfalon Gaming Hall. Just before crossing the bridge, look for a small flyer – it will be highlighted as a find on your compass.
step 4: Interact with the Flyer to receive the Tales of Tribute Quest.
Step 5: To continue the quest, talk to Brahmgus, located just outside the Gonfalon Gaming Hall.
Step 6: From there, just follow the markers on your map to meet some of the most important faces in the world of Tales of Tribute and learn the basics of the game.
Tales of Tribute: Basic Rules and Guidelines
While the tutorial does a good job of running you through the basics, you might need a quick refresher on how the game works before jumping into your first official match. There’s a lot of nuance to the game (and lots of in-depth strategies to learn as you play), but here are the basic rules to get you started.
- Before the start of the match, each player will select two patrons to preside over the match. These Guardians provide unique abilities that can swing the tide of battle. Also note that winning the favor of all patrons will result in an instant victory. Favors are won by performing very specific in-game actions.
- The decks belonging to these protectors will then be combined to form a shared deck. Cards will be drawn from it and placed in the center of the table, known as the Tavern. On each player’s turn, they will be able to spend Gold to obtain these Tavern cards and add them to their personal draw pile.
- On your turn, you’ll need to wield three different resources – Gold, Power, and Prestige. Gold allows you to buy cards from Tavern and add them to your hand. Reputation is the most important resource, as earning 40 will lead to victory. Power can be used to attack opposing cards (more on that later), and any remaining Power is converted to Prestige at the end of each turn.
- Each turn begins with cards from your draw pile that are dealt to your hand. You’ll use these cards to build Power and Gold before you buy cards from the Tavern or use them to attack enemy agents. Agents are cards that remain in play until they are defeated and perform tasks such as giving extra gold per turn or preventing the enemy from converting Power to Prestige. You can use your power to attack these cards—if you reduce their health to zero, they will be removed from the field.
- All gold is lost at the end of each turn, and power is converted into prestige.
- Your opponent will then pass their turn. This will continue until someone hits 40 Prestige or gets all the patrons in their favor.
Where to play Tales of Tribute?
Once you understand the basics and complete the Tales of Tribute quest, you can start playing real matches against NPCs and other real players. You’ll have to look at different locations depending on who you want to play, but finding a match is easy.
- If you want to compete with NPCs, go to the Gonfalon gaming hall and look for NPCs that are at your current skill level. For beginners, these will probably be located above. You’ll also find tribute players at taverns throughout Tamriel.
- If you want to compete against other real players, you have several game modes to choose from. Ranked first, sees you fighting to raise your Seasonal status. Next is the unranked one, which has no effect on your ranking and pits you against a random opponent. It does, however, offer rewards and carry forward your Tales of Tribute daily performance. It can be found in game mode activity finder Menu. You can also play a friendly match, which offers no prizes and no further quests.
Tales of Tribute Leaderboard
Although it’s a mini-game, Tales of Tribute has a robust leaderboard system that tracks your progress. After completing five placement matches, you will be placed in one of four different levels. This ranking will change as you win or lose subsequent matches. At the end of the season, you’ll earn special rewards based on your rank.
Finding New Tales of the Tribute Deck
After completing the tutorial, you will be given four Tales of Tribute decks. You can unlock four more by questing Tamriel and completing a variety of quests. You can also find upgraded cards for the existing deck, which changes their performance during matches. Keep in mind that earning new decks won’t give you a specific advantage, and both yours and your opponent’s decks are combined into a shared pile.