Dota 2 is a strategy game with excellent innovation and game concepts to help you hone your skills. Dota 2 beginners and professional players need to know about the primary qualities of Dota 2 in order to improve their in-game abilities and win decisive battles.
It’s been almost a decade since Dota 2 launched. The online game has hundreds of unique mechanics that can be used to enhance your gameplay. Whether you’re playing Dota 2 alone or in a 5-man team party, learning more about the primary features and what they mean for your hero can greatly increase your chances of winning.
Heroes in Dota 2 are classified based on their primary attributes. Strength, agility and intelligence are the 3 primary attributes of the game. Each hero in Dota 2 is provided with specific features at the start of the game.
These base attributes determine the heroes’ health points (HP), their health regeneration rate, their attack speed, their armor, their mana pool, and their mana regeneration rate. You can increase these attributes by leveling up, acquiring items, unlocking talents in the skill tree, and using specific abilities.
Each point added to a hero’s primary attribute increases their attack damage by 1. The primary attribute of a hero can help you play the role you want to play in your team.
A mighty hero might be more suited to a tank, capable of sustaining significant damage from enemies and keeping team members safe during combat. You can also be an initiator by using a mighty hero who can start a team fight and gain the upper hand from the very first moment.
You can increase the heroes’ maximum health to 20 for the strength points you gain. Gained Strength Points can increase the total health points and not the hero’s current health. If your hero was seriously injured in battle and has red HP, you might consider buying a Reaver from the Secret Shop. However, buying a Reaver will not increase your current health and may not be able to save your hero from imminent death.
Your hero will receive 0.1 health regeneration for every Strength point you receive. You will need 10 power points to increase health regeneration by 1. Purchasing a Reaver gains 20 power points, increases your hero’s maximum health points to 500 and adds 2.5 health regenerations per second.
Best Strength Heroes 7.31D
- fat man
- troop commander
- centaur warrunner
How to use power to your advantage in Dota 2
Pudge is a mighty hero you don’t want to mess with. He has an impressive 25 base power. Pudge has 700 HP from the time he was born and can be a monstrous hero in the middle lane.
Flesh Heap is a passive ability that provides damage blocks and bonus strength points for every enemy Puj hits. It also works on enemies who are killed at about 1600 distance from the butcher. Get at least one of the piles of meat before you reach level 6 to increase your max health points. Make sure you flesh hook, rot and destroy enemies with Pudge to dominate the game with the leading power hero.
Blade Mail, Crimson Guard and Heart of Tarask are builds that can transform heroes of strength into tanking machines. Blade Mail provides 6 armor and can return damage from all sources for 4.5 seconds. Legion Commander and Axe are mighty heroes who can inflict massive damage with Blade Mail.
An agility hero can be effective in a carry role. Most players choosing agility heroes prefer to farm in the safe lane because they have less HP during early game encounters. Agility heroes use physical attacks on their enemies that can pierce through their enemy’s armor. These heroes have increased movement speed, which allows them to get into the correct position while killing enemies.
For Agility Heroes, you can increase their attack speed to 1 per agility point. Heroes with higher agility characteristics have a better chance of activating certain items and abilities. Gaining items like Skull Basher and Echo Saber, which have attack modifier abilities, can be triggered more easily with bonus agility points.
Each agility point added to a hero increases their armor by 0.167. Enhanced armor reduces damage from physical and magical abilities, improving your chances of surviving a fight in Dota 2. Pure type damage attacks and items will not be affected by Heroes’ armor.
Best Agility Heroes 7.31D
How to Use Agility to Your Advantage in Dota 2
Drow Ranger is a colorful hero who can punish his enemies in Dota 2. He has 20 base agility and an attack range of 625. His ultimate ability, Shooting, gives Drow Ranger a 20% chance of dealing 40 damage and 30% of his Agility per strike. Additional bonus damage can be increased to 50% of his agility after maxing out Marksmanship.
Yasha, Manta Style and Butterfly are items that can make agility heroes a terror on the battlefield. These items can energize Agility Heroes by increasing their attack damage and attack speed. It will also increase the chances of the Drow Ranger to activate the shooting successfully.
Those new to Dota 2 can start their game by choosing Intelligence heroes. Dota 2 players who rely on spells to deal damage will find that Intelligence Heroes are easier to handle. Most Intelligence heroes can take on the support role, moving around the map to place wards and heal teammates in the process.
You can increase your hero’s mana pool to 12 with each Intelligence point you receive. It will also increase your mana regeneration rate by 0.05 per second. You will need to gain at least 20 Intelligence points to increase your mana regeneration rate by 1. Items, such as Energy Boosters, will grant heroes an additional 250 mana. However, it will not increase your mana regeneration rate.
Best Intelligence Heroes 7.31D
- skywrath Mage
- crystal Maiden
How to Use Intelligence to Your Advantage in Dota 2
Intelligence heroes can frustrate their enemies by depriving them of experience and gold while farming the streets. In addition to taking the ultimate hit from their enemies, Intelligence heroes can continuously use spells to drain their health heroes.
Skywrath Mage is a nuke who uses his wits to increase the damage dealt by his spells. His ability, the Arcane Bolt, can multiply damage by 1.5x per Intelligence point he receives. You can also buy Aghanim’s Shard for the Skywrath Mage to grant him the Descendant’s ability shield. Each spell cast by the Skywrath Mage adds 5 Intelligence points to its stats once you are equipped with the Shard of Aghanim.
The Rod of Atos and Veal of Discord are excellent items for intelligence heroes. You can get an additional 24 Intelligence points to your stats, which give heroes 288 mana and 1.2 mana regeneration. It also provides 240 health and increases HP regeneration by 1.2 health regeneration. Rod of Atos has the ability to Kripple, which can be used to root enemies and disable their movement for 2 seconds, giving your team enough time to cast spells and attacks.
Veil of Discord costs 1525 gold, making it a priority for most support heroes in Dota 2. You can use the Magic Weakness ability by using Veal of Discord to increase magic damage to a radius of 600 for 16 seconds.